Community Services Department - Operator
The Municipality of Lambton Shores is currently accepting resumes for a full time unionized Operator position within its Community Services Department. The Operator position works under the daily supervision of the Area Manager and carries out the mandate of the Community Services Department.
Job Duties This position will report to Arena operations for the winter months and will report to Parks and Facilities operations for the summer months.
Working weekends, shiftwork, and irregular hours is a regular expectation of this position.
Winter Facilities/Arena Operations:
- Works under the supervision of the Area Manager to ensure that facilities are ready for scheduled bookings as uses.
- Ensures that ice plants and related equipment is maintained in a clean and safe condition and that ice temperature and conditions are maintained for various program requirements.
- Prepares ice surface for play, regularly operates the municipal ice resurfacing equipment.
- Ensures that refrigeration equipment/ice flooding machines, furnaces, hot water equipment etc. are kept in good condition, completing preventative maintenance as needed.
- Performs general janitorial duties, keeping all areas of facilities clean and in good repair.
Summer Parks/Facilities Operations:
- Carries out maintenance work at municipal properties including: tree trimming, grass cutting, periodic planting/maintaining flower beds and landscaping; repair and maintain fences, structures, signs, playing fields, play equipment and other facilities.
- Keeps all parks and other outdoor recreational facilities in clean and safe condition for the use of the public.
- Carries out special waste pickups such as leaf pick-up. Is regularly assigned to work in Grand Bend for general maintenance and beach cleaning.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Secondary school graduation and complimenting post-secondary education preferred.
- Excellent communication skills for regular interaction with members of the public, municipal and other governmental staff.
- DZ Driver's License.
- Safety training - Health & Safety, WHIMIS and First Aid preferred.
- Horticultural training or certification.
- Refrigeration and ice plant certifications, Certified Ice Technician designation preferred.
- Chainsaw Safety Course.
Resumes will be accepted via e-mail to Administration or hard copy to Karen Cameron until 4:00pm May 2nd, 2017.
Healthy Kids Community Challenge Co-op Placement
Healthy Kids Community Challenge Lambton Partners is currently accepting resumes for a seasonal full-time co-op placement (35 hours per week). The position is for a 15 week period, beginning May 23 and ending September 1, 2017. Weekend and evening work is required.
The co-op student will provide support to the Project Coordinator through promotions, social media support, community outreach/event support, and administrative duties.
The position is located within the Community Services Department of the Municipality of Lambton Shores, 9575 Port Franks Road, Thedford.
Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time cooperative learning program with a post-secondary institution to be considered for this position.
A detailed job description is available by emailing Administration.
Resumes will be accepted via e-mail at the above noted address until noon, Friday, April 28, 2017.
Lambton Shores thanks all those candidates who submit an application. Only those individuals identified for an interview will be contacted. Lambton Shores is an equal opportunity employer.
Lambton Shores is a safe, attractive and welcoming place to live, work and play; with a strong economy, community spirit and pride. Citizens have access to excellent health, educational, cultural, and recreational & leisure facilities, programs and services. We are a growing community sensitive to our heritage, our environment and quality of life and a leader in local government service delivery.