Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024 09:00 AM
The Municipality of Lambton Shores is undertaking a construction project in Thedford. The project involves rehabilitation to both the water booster station building and underground reservoirs that also includes surface restoration alterations.
The project is expected to begin in January with an anticipated completion date of October 2024. Staff do not anticipate any major disruptions to service during the project for those in the area. Whenever possible, any disruptions will be communicated in...
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2024 03:42 PM
The Municipality of Lambton Shores is preparing a Feasibility Study to determine whether new or improved indoor recreation facilities are needed in light of population growth in Grand Bend and surrounding areas. As part of the feasibility study, the Municipality is looking for your input to help identify the types of spaces that may be required.
The deadline to submit a feedback form is January 31, 2024.
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023 09:14 AM
Council Highlights for December:
- A Public Meeting was held for a zoning by-law amendment application for 125 King Street in Thedford to allow for a day nursery; the application was approved
- Council adopted the Community Improvement Plan Project Area and the Community Improvement Plan
- An agreement with the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario for the operation of the YMCA at the Shores Recreation Centre was approved
- Applications to the Community Vibrancy Fund – Small Projects were awarded
- Council passed an...
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2023 02:12 PM
The Municipality of Lambton Shores received a $79,000 grant through the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) to support facility upgrades at the Port Franks Community Centre. The upgrades will extend the life of the facility and ensure the community centre continues to be a hub of activity for the Port Franks community. Work began in early 2023 and the upgrades include HVAC and electrical replacements, with LED lighting replacing the existing lights throughout the facility.
“The Port Franks...
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2023 12:27 PM
Highlights from November's council meetings:
- A Public Meeting was held for 9502 Sitter Road for a ZBA to amend the A4 zoning to add Motor Vehicle Repair Establishment, Motor Vehicle Service Establishment, Farmers Market and Metal Fabrication as permitted uses; the application was approved
- A Public Meeting was held for an OPA and ZBA for property at 9461 Klondyke Road to establish an aggregate pit; the applications were approved
- Staff was directed to apply to the Electric Vehicle ChargeON Program for funding of EV...