Forest Library Closure
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2022 12:17 PM
UPDATE: Lambton County Library will reopen the Forest Library on Tuesday, March 1, 2022. The Service Desk will remain unavailable because of a manufacturing delay, but the library branch will return to regular operation on Tuesday.
Lambton County Library will begin the final phase of its renovation project at Forest Library, starting Saturday, February 5, in an effort to add private meeting and program space, improve accessibility, and create traffic flow, ergonomic, and customer...
Recreation facilities reopen in alignment with new Provincial regulations
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2022 04:32 PM
In alignment with new Provincial regulations, the Municipality of Lambton Shores will be reopening recreation facilities beginning January 31, 2022. All local health guidelines and Provincial restrictions, including proof of vaccination, active screening, and masking, will remain in place to ensure the safety of staff and facility users.
Public skating programs will also resume beginning February 1, 2022. Always check the Public Skating Calendar for an up-to-date program calendar before...
Council Highlights: December 16 and 21, 2021
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2022 03:45 PM
Council met at the Legacy Centre in Thedford on December 16, 2021. The December 21, 2021 meeting was held virtually and live streamed on the Lambton Shores website.
Council Meeting Highlights:
- Council approved the construction of a new Administration Office and Council Chambers with construction set to begin early in 2022
- A Public Meeting was held for Zoning By-Law Amendment application for 8375 and 8381 Defore Drive to rezone 8375 Defore Drive to a residential zone, portions of 8381 Defore Drive...
Council to return to virtual meetings
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2021 11:15 AM
Out of an abundance of caution, Lambton Shores Council has made the decision to return to a virtual format for Council meetings. The decision was made amidst mounting concerns over the spread of COVID-19’s Omicron variant and public health guidelines that advise limiting indoor public gatherings.
Although Council meetings will return to a virtual format, meetings will continue to be live streamed for the public.
A few notes regarding the upcoming Council meeting on December 21st, 2021:
- If you...
Council Highlights: September 2022
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2022 12:06 PM
Council Highlights for September 2022:
- A public meeting for a Zoning By-Law Amendment was held for 7414 Townsend Line to rezone the severed lands to an agricultural zone that allows for a residential dwelling and prohibit a dwelling on the retained portion of the farm; the ZBA was approved
- A temporary use agreement was approved for 8189 Jura Line to permit the occupancy of an existing dwelling during the construction of a new dwelling
- Council entered into an agreement with the Optimist Club of...