Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 04:00 PM
Meeting of Council held March 6, 2018.
- Council decided to waive the building permit fees for the Arkona Lions Club for renovations at the Arkona Lions Medical Center.
- Grand Bend Canada Day Celebration Committee was provided additional funding of $6,800 for the fireworks show.
- Staff was directed to prepare a development agreement with the developer of Kitchener Avenue including a cost sharing amount to be paid for the reconstruction of Centre St. and that the development be constructed...
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2018 09:00 AM
Meeting of Council held February 13, 2018.
- Public meetings were held for two applications for Zoning By-Law Amendments:
- Dale Hayter and Sons Ltd. - 10410 Lakeshore Road
- Rice Development Company Inc. - Brooklawn Dr and Tattersall Lane, Grand Bend.
- Huron Shores Transit gave a presentation to Council asking for support of a community transit initiative.
- Council awarded contract for the purchase of a Triple Combination Pumper Rescue Truck to Camions Carl Thibault Inc. for $579,123.00.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 01:15 PM
Meeting of Council held January 23, 2018.
- Council approved the purchase of 7849 Rawlings Road to establish an operations depot.
- Consideration of Cliff Road Drain and adoption of the report and provisional by-law.
- Held a public meeting for a zoning by-law amendment at 7922 Townsend Line.
- Approved a by-law exemption and agreement for construction of a dwelling using storage containers in Port Franks.
- Awarded the tender for the Pump Station Rehabilitation Project.
- Enacted the following...
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2018 03:15 PM
Budget Meeting of Council held January 16, 2018.
- Council enacted a new Development Charge By-Law 01-2018.
- 2018 Water and Wastewater Usage Rates were passed.
- 2018 Budget was approved:
- 2018 Capital Budget in the amount of $7,012,757.00.
- 2018 Tax and User Rate Operating Budget in the amount of $25,547,050.00.
- Overall result is an increase in the tax levy of $307,995.00 (2.7%) over 2017 resulting in a tax rate decrease of 2.2%.