Council Highlights: April 2022
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2022 11:51 AM
Lambton Shores Council met on April 5 and April 26 for regularly scheduled council meetings.
- Council heard delegations from four individuals opposing the Short Term Rental (STR) Licensing Program
- An agreement to import and stockpile fill was approved for South Bend Development
- Council turned down a Site Plan for 20 Main Street, Grand Bend
- Council considered the draft STR by-law and licensing program and instructed staff to amend the proposed capacity limits from 8 to 10 adults...
Lambton Shores Council Passes By-Law to Require Registration of Short-Term Rentals
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 09:10 AM
Lambton Shores Council passed By-Law 29-2022, which requires all short-term rental accommodations in Lambton Shores to be registered with the Municipality moving forward.
To continue operating, short-term rental operators must submit a registration application by June 1, 2022. There is no cost associated with this year’s short-term rental registration and applications can be submitted entirely online.
“With the rapidly increasing supply of short-term rentals in our communities, there have been increased...
Council Highlights: March 2022
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2022 03:51 PM
Lambton Shores Council met on March 15, 2022 for a regularly scheduled council meeting.
- Council received a presentation from Lambton Area Water Supply System (LAWSS) requesting support for a joint funding application for LAWSS capital project; staff is to report back to Council on the request
- Council supported a resolution to dissolve the Ontario Land Tribunal
- Council received a report about the Redevelopment of Municipal Drive/Lions Park and asked staff to begin planning for the future...
Council Highlights: February 2022
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2022 02:08 PM
Council met on February 1, 10 and 22. All three meetings were live streamed on the Lambton Shores website.
- Council approved a site plan agreement with Widder Station Golf & Country Club
- Information reports regarding the 2022 Municipal Election were received
- Council declared municipal property to be surplus to the needs of the municipality; notice of the disposition is posted on the municipal website
- The 2022 Operating and Capital Budgets were approved; in 2022 there will be a 0%...
Municipal Impacts: Ontario Takes Additional Steps to Ease Public Health Measures
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2022 10:00 AM
With public health and health system indicators continuing to improve, the Ontario Government and Lambton Public Health have taken additional steps to ease public health measures.
In addition to lifting capacity limits in indoor public settings, the Province has now lifted proof of vaccination requirements for all settings. In response to the provincial announcement, Lambton Public Health has lifted the local Letter of Instruction requiring proof of vaccination for persons entering facilities used...