Consent (Severance)

All division of land in Ontario is subject to subdivision control, either through a plan of subdivision or the approval of a consent application to ensure that the new lots are consistent with the planning policies set out in the Official Plan and Zoning By-Laws.

Consent application

The consent application can be used to divide (sever) land into new lots, add land to an abutting lot (lot additions, lot adjustments, lot extensions, corrections to deeds or property descriptions), establish easements or rights-of-way and lease land or register a mortgage in excess of 21 years.

If several lots are planned to be created on the same property, and there are servicing issue, a plan of subdivision may be the appropriate process for dividing the lands.

The Committee of Adjustment hears the application for consent. Prior to the Committee of Adjustment meeting, general details pertaining to the application are circulated to surrounding property owners and notice is posted on the website.

Visit the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Citizens Guide to Land Severances for more information.

For more information about the process, please click here.

Committee of Adjustment

The Municipality of Lambton Shores has appointed a Committee of Adjustment made up of members of the community. This Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month (excluding December, due to Christmas) to hear and decide on minor variance applications and applications for consent (severance).


Contact Us