After-Hours Information

Do you have a concern or issue to report while Municipal offices are closed over the weekend or on a holiday? Please read the options below and select a method of contact that best suits your issue or concern.


If your concern or issue is not a time-sensitive emergency, please use our online Report It portal. This online reporting module is a streamlined method for citizens to report an issue or request municipal services. By completing and submitting a Report It form, your request will be sent to the appropriate municipal staff so they can address your issue or concern as soon as they can.

Time Sensitive After-Hours Municipal Emergencies

If you have a time sensitive after-hours emergency while Municipal offices are closed, the number to contact will depend on the nature of your emergency:

  • To report a water and sewer emergency, call 519-243-1400 (option 6)
  • To report other general emergencies (e.g., a fallen tree blocking the road), call 519-243-1400 (option 7)
    • Do not use option 7 to report a noise complaint or by-law issue. Option 7 goes directly to the Public Works emergency pager and is not related to by-law enforcement.
By-Law Enforcement

To contact By-Law Enforcement, call 519-243-1400 (option 8115) or submit a complaint/request online or by email.

Garbage and Recycling Collection

Regularly scheduled garbage and recycling collection is not typically affected by holidays, except for Christmas Day. To confirm any collection interruptions, please check for updates on the Bluewater Recycling Association website. Any questions related to garbage/recycling collection should be directed to the Bluewater Recycling Association.

Contact Us